Saturday, March 21, 2009

Reading Journal #6 March 21, 2009

Two Quotations:
1. How can a question be answered that asks a lifetime of questions? (p. 103)
2. Now nearly all those I loved and did not understand when I was young are dead, but I still reach out to them (p. 104).
Reflection:
In the last pages of the story, the writer reflected the last fishing with Paul and his father as their last time to go fly fishing together. In the end, Paul was killed and his body abandoned in the Big Blackfoot River. After their knowing of Paul's death, his father continued to ask if anything will change if he help Paul in some ways. So Paul would not die and be killed. This reminds me that sometimes I will ask myself if things will change if I do not or I do something beforehand. For example, when I stay up and try to finish my homework, I will tell myself" if I do this earlier, then I will not have to stay up late and do my homework. The interesting part is that even though I have experienced staying up late to finish my homework so many times, I do not learn my lesson. I guess I just like to stay up late and enjoy the quietness of the mid-night.
Questions:
1. Do you think Paul will not be killed if the writer and their father do something to help him?
2. Do you think the write tell everything about Paul's death to his father? Why?

No comments: