Saturday, March 21, 2009

Taiwan Culture- Taiwanese Foods


This video is from traveling channel, the Bizarre Foods. The host, Andrew,  goes to different countries and tries different kinds of bizarre foods. This time he went to Shilin night market. Firstly, he tired oyster omelette. It's oyster with eggs, cabbage and sweet sauce on it. He thinks it's sweet, light and a little bit chewy. He also mentioned that it tastes wonderful. Personally, I like oyster omelette very much. I like the taste of the oyster with the eggs. Also the sweet sauce makes the flavor even better. I always have a oyster omelette every time I go to the Shilin night market. Later on, he tried fried chicken butts. He likes it too and he said it is delicious, even thought he was reluctant to try it at the first place. Somehow, I did not think he will try it again since he still resisted to the chicken butts after his first bite. I do not like chicken butts either, no matter how they were cooked. I just think butts are not clean and somehow I feel they are disgusting. In the end, he also tried coffin bread. It's made of bread that looks like coffin. The host, Andrew liked it and he said that it is crunchy outside and soft inside, the filling. Overall, it is brilliant.  I personally like it very much and I agree with his statement.  In the end, he likes the bizarre foods in Taiwan and said there are the huge variety of  foods in Taiwan. I agree with him and I think the Shilin night market is also a place for families, couples, and friends to hang out. People will have wonderful time in this place.

No comments: